HomeKit Homekit - motion alert problem

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Dentifrice, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Dentifrice, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018

Dentifrice macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have a Hue motion sensor and I want to have an alert when there is movement and I'm not at home.

I configured the alert settings of the sensor in homekit accordingly but it's not working (I had someone at my home triggering the sensor while I was away). The sensor triggers in home but I get no notification.

So , I removed the condition that we need to be outside the house and configured it receive them all the time whether or not there is people at home and I received the notification, it worked.

So you may think that my geofencing isn't working but it works just fine with my automations (turning on and off lights when we arrive/leave house).

Any idea ? I'm kind of lost.

thanks

Edit : just to be clear

1- Automations based on location for turning on and off lights works !

2- Enabling motion detection without location (so if I’m the one triggering the sensor, I get an alert) : it works !

3- same as two but get alert ONLY when me and my wife aren’t at home : no alert. To test this, my mom was at home while I wasn’t and never got any alert. I know she triggered the sensor because my lights opened.

So, location based works for my automation but NOT for motion sensor.

2. LiveM macrumors 6502a

LiveM

How do you create such an automation in Home?