HomeKit HomeKit Wall Switch for Scenes

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by swwack91, Jun 3, 2018.

1. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

Hi everyone.

I'm getting ready to start outfitting my home with smart lights throughout. We have different needs for different spaces, so I've decided to go with a combination of some LIFX bulbs and some Lutron Caseta in-wall switches. Both are HomeKit compatible.

I'm on the hunt for a wall switch, panel, or remote that would allow me to control different HomeKit scenes that combine these two systems (and leave room for future expansion to include additional accessories in these scenes).

I'm having difficulty finding a HomeKit wall switch that controls scenes in general instead of a switch designed for one specific accessory.

Thoughts on this?

2. CPTmom2wp macrumors 6502

CPTmom2wp

3. swwack91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's definitely what I want, but that particular model won't do the trick. That requires the more expensive Lutron hub and accessories. Also, I'm looking for a single scene selector that will control multiple types of HomeKit accessories, more than just Lutron dimmers.

4. bbednarz macrumors 6502a

bbednarz

You would need a hub, but the hue switch and hue tap would both do exactly this. I have a scene set on mine for when I leave to turn on specific lights (hue) and also a couple of smart outlets (ihome).