HomeKit

ILowry82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
I would like to use homekit to turn my lights off and on. I have it set up on my phone but I can’t get it to work on my wife’s phone. The Apple TV is being used as the hub and since the account signed into the Apple TV is mine it seems that my wife’s phone doesn’t work with that. Does anyone know how I can get that working with 2 different Apple ID’s?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
I would like to use homekit to turn my lights off and on. I have it set up on my phone but I can’t get it to work on my wife’s phone. The Apple TV is being used as the hub and since the account signed into the Apple TV is mine it seems that my wife’s phone doesn’t work with that. Does anyone know how I can get that working with 2 different Apple ID’s?
Shouldn’t be a problem. In the Home app, make sure you’re in the Home tab, then hit the arrow/location button at the top left and choose “Invite”

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
The device you set it up on is the admin/master device. You want to make sure you use the same device to set up new HomeKit accessories. To add others users just invite them to your home like explained above.

This is nice because any changes you make, devices you add, automations you set, etc etc are automatically sync'd to her phone. She (your wife) wont have to do anything with her phone other then use the Home app if she wants too.