Homeless Again - and hating it!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by montanachad, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montanachad macrumors regular

montanachad

I have been living as a survivalist in the woods of this college, mentally ill. I don't take handouts from big government: food stamps, medicaid, pell grants.

How this all started was my pregnant girlfriend got scabies and it spread, so I had no option but to leave. The hospital has confirmed that I don't have scabies, but have Schizoaffective Disorder. Anyways, I have been using some charities and haven't slept in over two weeks. ****ing rain!

I almost want to break up with my girlfriend, but she needs help with the kid, it's due in a few weeks. I can move back in when I get a hotel room for a week, and treat myself for mites and bugs on daily basis, and then see a dermatologist to get proof that I don't have scabies - the hospital wasn't proof enough for her.:rolleyes:

The only drugs I'm using are my psychotic meds and medical use of marijuana. No the reason I have not slept is not meth, I'm in shock, this urban/suburban/rural survivalism is not easy! I hate meth, cocaine, alcohol, heroin, et cetera.

Anyways, living outside is cheaper, but not safe.

2. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Holy s**t man. Reminds me of that book "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey.

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Its presumed, the fact you are posting online, that you have funds. What is your reason for not just getting a regular job and a small apartment to live in?

4. Nadav macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (nadav's iPod touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F137 Safari/525.20)

Many places give you free access to computers... Such as the library, or an apple store...

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

And why would you not accept a Pell Grant if you qualify? :confused:

PRSI in 10... 9...

6. dave12345 macrumors regular

Dude - don't what ever you do mix pot and psychotic medication

7. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

However much you hate handouts, I suggest that you get some sort of government aid, and find a shelter. The weather is only going to get colder. Your girlfriend need you by her side, not in the hospital.

8. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

Sometimes it helps just to rant. Sorry to hear about your numerous troubles.

Can we do anything to help?

9. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

by posting are you looking for some sort of advice? And im guessing that you will not be responding or posting often due to lack of internet. It sounds like you are in a real hard situation.

Where is your family? How old are you? I know its personal to ask, but heck you posted your entire situation on the internet.

be careful out there. youre bound to pick up more infections/problems.

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Sounds like you need help, which we all do at some point.

Luckily people have come together and realized that government can help us out on this one. Think of it as a hand up, not a hand out. Once you get back on your feet, you help other people up

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Americans have this eff'ed up stance against government assistance. This is why it exists. In fact, I'm sure people who read your post would encourage you to utilise the assistance that's available to you. You're not taking advantage of the system by doing so. If you use it because you have a serious need for assistance, you're a good example of why it's good to have around.

12. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Please take the support and advice from others in this thread and from people that can help you, regardless of where they're from. Hope things work out for you and your girlfriend.

This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.