Homemade Robot Masters iPhone Game and Voice Dictation

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 9, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

A new video by YouTube user Junya Sakamoto posted over the weekend shows off a homemade robot, created by Sakamoto, that masters the trickiest stages of popular mobile game Puzzles and Dragons (via Kotaku). The four minute video uploaded to Sakamoto's self-titled YouTube channel details the initial creation and design of the robot to the final, tangible realization of the iPhone game-beating device.

Puzzles and Dragons requires users to match colored orbs to defeat monsters, with patterns that get increasingly tricky the further the game progresses. Connected to a laptop, the robot analyzes and predicts the best moves possible in the current level, resulting in high-scoring combos that would be extremely difficult for the game's players to naturally achieve.

In an earlier video (the first of only two on Sakamoto's channel), the robot's creator uses an attached microphone to dictate commands to the device and navigate the iPhone without touching it. Using only voice, the robot unlocks the iPhone, transcribes a note, and even plays a piano app.

Article Link: Homemade Robot Masters iPhone Game and Voice Dictation

2. Macwick macrumors 6502

Pffft I created one of these robots too. I just didn't post a YouTube video of it.

3. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Holy crap, that is pretty awesome! The Japanese do amazing stuff once again! :D

4. Nunyabinez macrumors 68000

Nunyabinez

5. sailmac macrumors 6502

sailmac

Awesome, but…but…he used…a…a… a ThinkPad!!! :eek:

6. Gudi macrumors 68030

Gudi

It's an indebt country on the brink of bankruptcy.

7. subjonas macrumors 68000

Sweet, soon we won't have to play games anymore. We'll just be able to buy a game then set a robot to beat it while we go and plow our driveways.

8. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

Says guy posting on an internet forum. The irony is not lost on me. :D:p;)

OT: That's pretty cool. Kids today.

9. iBreatheApple macrumors 68030

iBreatheApple

Somehow I found this very satisfying to watch.

10. sailmac macrumors 6502

sailmac

Speaking of irony; we invented machines to enable more leisure activity for us, and now we can give our leisure activity to machines, too. :D

One more step towards…

WALL-E Human.png

11. Nunyabinez macrumors 68000

Nunyabinez

Touche. Well played sir.

12. acegreen macrumors regular

acegreen

13. EthanLMT macrumors regular

EthanLMT

14. Gudi macrumors 68030

Gudi

15. djgamble macrumors 6502a

Wow all that effort just so he can cheat the high scores for a game.

Kidding... it's awesome!

16. Kajje macrumors 6502a

Kajje

A fully automated manufacturing line to build these machines is being built as we speak.

17. acegreen macrumors regular

acegreen

18. Gudi macrumors 68030

Gudi

Nope. Berlin is a city and a state independent from Brandenburg, like New York City belongs to New York State and not to New Jersey. In Germany the whole federation guarantees for debts of individual states (in case of bankruptcy) and there is a permanent mechanism to redistribute tax income from richer to poorer states, because it's a constitutional goal to create comparable living standards everywhere. That's why state debts are often compared on a debt per capita basis. Brandenburgs debt is actually quite low 18.2 billion total (8000 euro per resident). The article you've linked praises Brandenburg (-2.8%) and Berlin (-1.2%) for their debt reduction in 2014.

19. DryHeave macrumors member

"Machines... playing with machines... Well shut me down!"

20. acegreen, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016

acegreen macrumors regular

acegreen

Ok fair enough! Berlin maybe its own city and state but its within and surrounded by Brandenburg. Also just because the article praised debt REDUCTION doesn't mean its not heavily in debt. Also explaining how Germany handles debt distribution is irrelevant to this article, I'm sure Japan has similar policies.

To be honest, I'm not sure where you comment about Japanese debt came from, given that this article is on robots cracking tricky games.

So I was just saying Brandenburg as well as various other states/countries are in debt, whats your point? its irrelevant to this article and sort of an aggressive stance.

21. Gudi macrumors 68030

Gudi

Japan is not in debt like other countries are in debt, it's in debt by 2.4 times it's GDP (Greece 1.7x, Germany 0.7x). The country is in urgent need of a currency reform, which will render the Yen worthless and erase all JPY nominated debts. But it's not coming, because nobody wants to lose their face.
    Maybe. It's also a fact and speaks to the pointlessness of all endeavors in present age Japan. To much time on my hands. etc. The problem is too huge to not have an effect on all aspects of Japanese life, including the ability to buy expensive MacBooks instead of ThinkPads. There is this big elephant in the room everybody in the country tries to ignore and the best thing one can do is to say, look a big elephant. But never mind, let's speak more about Wall-E.

22. npmacuser5 macrumors 65816

npmacuser5

I would prefer leave the gaming to me and have the Robot plow the driveway. When done deliver a nice warm cup of hot chocolate so I can keep my concentration going.:)

23. hortod1 macrumors regular

hortod1

Not to mention Junya Sakamoto is probably 7 years old

24. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

How could he be 7 when he clearly has an adult voice? o_O

25. HaukeHauke macrumors newbie

HaukeHauke

constant listOfFakeAppleIDs

while
    true
    Touch AppStore