Homepage for new tabs in Firefox

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by suckatcomputers, Aug 7, 2011.

1. suckatcomputers macrumors regular

I've searched this issue and it seems like the only way to have new tabs open with your homepage is to download the add-on.

I understand it's not a big deal for me to get the add-on but it shouldn't be a big deal for Firefox to have this function on it's own without the user having to search and download the add-on. I feel like browsers should allow users to open new tabs with whatever url they choose and I can't even do it with my homepage!

Could there be a reason why they refuse to have this be a functionality?

This is the most annoying problem I have. Most people open new tabs to multi-task or support their current tab!

2. tekkietekkie macrumors member

in safari the top sites you use show up so I just use that, and if you already have quick links at the top you can right click and say open in new tab anyway so I don't see how thats any different than what your looking for to be honest

3. suckatcomputers thread starter macrumors regular

"Homepage for new tabs in Firefox"

4. tekkietekkie macrumors member

yes I know but it the same in firefox you can right click on the quick links and open in new page and it opens that page

edit I think I see what you mean, when you click new tab its blank and you want it to be your default homepage I thought you wanted different home pages for different tabs :(

5. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

No. I use the new tab homepage addon which works fine but I agree it should be built into firefox.

6. suckatcomputers thread starter macrumors regular

Yes tekkie and thanks for agreeing bathplug.

I guess I'll have to be patient and hope Firefox builds this in to their next version...