Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has added Dutch language voice recognition support for Siri in the latest HomePod 15.4 beta, further preparing the HomePod mini for release in the Netherlands in the near future.

homepod-mini-thumb-feature.jpg

The addition of voice recognition, spotted by iCulture, means HomePod or HomePod mini will be able to identify who is talking to it in a Dutch-speaking multi-person household so they can make personal requests based on their own data. The feature builds on the inclusion of Dutch language support for Siri in December.

In addition to the Netherlands, the HomePod mini will likely launch in at least four more countries in 2022, including Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, and Russia, as the speaker also gained support for languages spoken in those countries in the December update.

The previous ‌HomePod‌ 15.3 software update added Siri voice recognition support for up to six users in a home in English (India) and Italian.

First released in October 2020, the HomePod mini is currently available in the United States, Australia, Austria, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom.

Apple began offering the HomePod mini in yellow, orange, and blue colors in November 2021.

Article Link: HomePod 15.4 Beta Adds Dutch Siri Voice Recognition Support

Xand&Roby

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2020
Why add any of the languages millions and millions of people speak if you can add Italian and Dutch… this is so bizarre.
‘Cause in Italy a little bit of users buyed HomePod mini from France, Germany and other country from day one in november 2020.. and Siri for Siri Remote/Apple tv 4 was on release years ago but don’t happens also if the development was good enough.

dirkske

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2017
If it will launch in Belgium, they better bring both Belgian-Dutch voices back! They both vanished with the update to iOS 15.

Reactions: Syrianos82

Jako_BoZ

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2022
My HomePod mini already understands Dutch since iOS 15.2 (December 2021), so what's new in 15.4?
Ah, multiple voices. Well, I live alone, so no need for that.
However, I have two Cavia's (Guinee Pigs).
As soon as the HomePod (mini) understands Cavia I'll have need for multiple voices ;)

Last edited:

Mayanja

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2017
Ik: Hey Siri open een dating app
Siri: Dat kost me € 50 miljoen per week.

me: Hey Siri. Open a dating app
siri: That will cost me € 50 million per week

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.