HomePod HomePod apple music issue

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by danny842003, May 11, 2018.

1. danny842003 macrumors 6502

danny842003

I have just started getting an issue today where I try to play music on the HomePod from my iPhone/ipad (not streaming to it by airplay) just using the device to control.
    I hit play on a song and it quickly flashes in the bar at the bottom of the screen along with its artwork as if it is playing. The bar then quickly changes back to default saying Bedroom HomePod, not playing and no artwork is displayed, all this happens without any music being played.
    I can use Airplay to play music to the HomePod from either the phone or iPad and the other will display the correct music is playing.
    Using Siri still allows me to play music but turning all my devices off has changed nothing, that includes the HomePod itself. I have rebooted the wifi with no joy also.
    --- Post Merged, May 11, 2018 ---
    Uploaded a quick screen grab to YouTube

2. danny842003 thread starter macrumors 6502

danny842003

Turns out my Apple TV is the same. Which suggests it’s an issue with Apple Music rather than the HomePod

3. pd_forta macrumors newbie

I have this issue on a daily basis for the past few days. Sometimes it doesn't even work with Siri. Asking Siri to play anything on Apple Music results in her acknowledging the request but nothing being play. Some other people have reported similar issue in this thread:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8276114

In my case, signing out of Apple Music from the HomePod in the Home app sometimes solves this issue. Otherwise, I just let the HomePod alone for a few hours and it works again! So I'm not really sure what's happening.

4. cynics macrumors G4

I had this issue when I signed out of iCloud on the device I registered the HomePod with and signed back in.

I was doing this to fix a keychain issue which it did but all my devices went nuts. Ended up having to remove and re connect the HomePod. Pretty simple compared to needing to remove the Apple Watch from icloud.com than restore it from a back up.

I found it doesn’t take much to cause bizarre behavior from other relatively unrelated devices.

5. exiorat64s macrumors newbie

exiorat64s

I suggest you try using MusConv.com service. They are capable of the the task across different platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, Google Music, iTunes, Amazon Music, YouTube, Deezer, Tidal, Pandora, Groove.

6. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Struggling. Same issue that's been plaguing me since the most recent update.

Some tracks will play, others won't. Bizarre. Tried removing and readding to no avail

7. danny842003 thread starter macrumors 6502

danny842003

So I called apple after making this post we did everything i had already done. Turn on off, repair etc and it started working. Neither me or the guy on the phone thought we had really fixed ti but the issue just wasn't present for him to test any further.
    Obviously as soon as i hung up the issue came back. I had further issues over the weekend where on my devices apple music wouldn't load anything in the 'for you' tab. Also when i was playing music on the HomePod the volume controls from the phone were very sluggish, if i decreased volume it would take a good few seconds to take effect on the HomePod.
    It seems to be back to normal on both the TV and HomePod now though. I want to blame the network but nothing else was having any problems. I feel it must have been something on the apple music end.