HomePod HomePod & Apple Watch 'Now Playing'

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by danbalsh, Feb 10, 2018.

1. danbalsh macrumors regular

Hello,

Has anyone managed to get this working? According to this review when HomePod is playing music directly (i.e. not AirPlay) it should appear on the Apple Watch under Now Playing.

I've not been able to this working :(

https://birchtree.me/blog/homepod-goodies-and-first-impressions/

[​IMG]

Thanks
    --- Post Merged, Feb 10, 2018 ---
    Just realised I've not upgraded my Watch to 4.2.2.... will try see if that enables it :)

2. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

This isn’t working for me either. Maybe it was added in the latest betas?

3. Kermit262 macrumors 6502

Kermit262

Yeah the article says it will be available in iOS 10.3. Great news for Apple Watch owners. This will add another useful layer of functionality to the HomePod.

4. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

GREAT!! It controls volume with the crown! (I assume, crown)I like to fine tune the volume.

5. danbalsh thread starter macrumors regular

Wonderful thank you :) just have a wait for 10.3 now!

6. BillGates1969 macrumors 6502

BillGates1969

I also found that if I put the phone in control panel or music to the HP, it shows on my watch. I a running 11.3 and 4.3 Betas though, so maybe that is it.

7. karnsculpture macrumors regular

I have this working using an original sport watch on 4.2.2

8. danbalsh thread starter macrumors regular

How???

9. Alhagar macrumors regular

I am running all of the lates
    Betas (on watch and phone) and I cannot control music playing from HomePod with watch (unless the music originates from phone). Perhaps later betas

10. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

I too am on the latest betas for iOS and watchOS, but it’s working for me no problem.

Started playback by asking the HomePod to play an album, which it dutifully did.
    Lifted my arm up with my Watch had the controls there for the HomePod.
    Obviously I have the “Auto launch audio apps” enabled in the watch settings.

Opened up Apple Music on iPhone, controls were there too, no surprise. And just as the final check, Control Centre too to round things off.

Here’s a couple screenies.

016CA9AA-4CBC-4DCC-AE88-53E91EA20BD8.jpeg

0904611C-DC44-4566-BAB7-37EBBB1B8510.png

545C95D7-F25B-407E-8362-544B3CCD69C1.png

11. Boardiesboi macrumors 65816

Boardiesboi

I can’t get the AW to control playback on the HP.

I ask Siri to start playing a song on the HomePod, it appears on my iPhone after I go into control centre and press the blue wifi symbol.

Then when I go to the AW, I see the song on the "Now Playing" dock app but when I click pause or fast forward etc it doesn't do anything.

Also when I go into the Home app on my AW, nothing shows up (I have no other HomeKIt accessories).

Am I missing something? I'm on iOS 11.3 Beta 2 on the iPhone and watchOS 4.2.2 on the AW.

12. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

That’s a bit weird, especially not showing up in HomeKit.
    This probably sounds stupid, but have you rebooted your Apple Watch since you got your HomePod? If not, give it a go.

13. Alhagar macrumors regular

I got it to work (running all latest betas). To get it to work I had to go to control center on iphone, long press the audio controls in upper right hand corner, then select HP. Only then would it show up in now playing on AW3. It would be nice if the controls showed up in lock screen of iPhone as well.