Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjbski

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
iPhone X running 11.3’s latest public beta. Plug in HomePod and it gets stuck on the screen after “which room is this in?” I select living room and the setup goes white. Nothing I can do.

Anyone else experiencing this?

https://imgur.com/a/0z6NJ

cantyjeffrey

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2015
iPhone X running 11.3’s latest public beta. Plug in HomePod and it gets stuck on the screen after “which room is this in?” I select living room and the setup goes white. Nothing I can do.

My HomePod is on a UPS truck somewhere out for delivery, but I am also running 11.3 beta and will report back if I have issues as well — I'm curious to know if you're still having issues, and/or found a solution as of yet...

cjbski

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
My HomePod is on a UPS truck somewhere out for delivery, but I am also running 11.3 beta and will report back if I have issues as well — I'm curious to know if you're still having issues, and/or found a solution as of yet...

Still can't get it to work. Please let me know if yours does!

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Did you try manual setup through the "Home" app?

*EDIT*: Adding it manually as an accessory to be more specific.

Last edited:

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Home App just keeps asking me to turn on keychain which I do not think you need enabled for HomePod nor have I ever used it on any Apple device. How do I do it manually?

I know when I tried to set mine up it required me to turn on Two Factor Authentication on my Apple ID, so maybe you do need to enable Keychain to use it - not entirely sure.

"Launch Home.
  1. Tap the plus sign in the top right corner of the screen.
  2. Tap Add Accessory.
  3. Tap the accessory you want to add."

gkarmas

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2018
Same sh*t here. iPhone 6S plus, latest beta version, just updated because it wasn't working with previous beta either. Tried manually and automatic. No luck.

kingneptune117

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2014

That’s not a problem with the beta. I’m running 11.2.5 and am having the EXACT same issue. It seems you and I are the only ones experiencing this.

kingneptune117

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2014
Anybody know why this is happening?
[doublepost=1518222047][/doublepost]Solved. You need to have the Apple Music app installed.

fuocozero

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
Home App just keeps asking me to turn on keychain which I do not think you need enabled for HomePod nor have I ever used it on any Apple device. How do I do it manually?

HomePod is a HomeKit accessory. HomeKit requires iCloud Keychain to operate. Can’t bypass it.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Unless keychain enabled in the background somehow, I did nothing to get 2 step verification and finally got the HomePod to go through the setup process.

I unplugged HomePod several times, I powered iPhone off and on, I logged out and back into iTunes, I turned Bluetooth off and then back on besides doing other things as well.

It finally worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.