HomePod HomePod Glitches

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by PLin, Feb 11, 2018.

1. PLin macrumors 6502

In the first 48 hours, I've already noticed a few glitches:

1. HomePod suddenly showed up in the iPhone Home.app as "No Response", and nothing I could do easily would fix it. I rebooted the iPhone and rebooted the HomePod, and still "No Response". I ended up removing the HomePod from my Home and setting it up from scratch again, and the "No Response" went away. Hopefully it will stay that way.

2. When using Google Play Music to AirPlay to HomePod, when you ask Siri to skip a track, it advances the track, but for some reason, it keeps the elapsed time the same. So if you were 1:10 into the first track and asked Siri to skip to the next track, it would skip but start playing at 1:10 on the second track.

3. I asked Siri to play something from Apple Music, and when I asked it to stop playing, I said "Hey Siri, Stop" and tried 5 or 6 times before I gave up and walked over to the HomePod to tap the top to stop the music. I know Siri could hear me, because the music volume would lower when the requests were being processed. Before I finally used a single tap to stop, I even tried using the verbal command while I was right next to HomePod, but it still didn't stop playing.

2. atmuwben macrumors member

4. Have AM and ICL. HP will get in a state to not play Matched and Purchased songs. Siri says “Playing song by artist” followed by silence. Unplug/plug fixes.

3. StuartL macrumors member

This has happened to me twice now. I have iTunes Match, not Apple Music though.

4. AdamA9 macrumors 65816

Last night I too had the silence issue. Asked Siri to play an album, "sure" she replies, but nothing was playing.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I find apple music stops streaming, not on my homepod (I don't own one), but my iMac. I think maybe there could be a burp in the network, that may interrupt the streaming and just stops - I could be way off base, and its an apples vs. oranges thing, but I do see a coincidence in starting music and mystery stops. Its not a constant thing, but it does happen to me.

6. AdamA9 macrumors 65816

Yeah perhaps. This was directly through the HomePod so that makes sense. It only happened once, mind.

7. MrJinx macrumors newbie

MrJinx

I tried to set a reminder on HomePod but it tells me that the HomePod needs to be on the same network as my iPhone before it can create one, the thing is they are both already on the same wifi network! I only have one wifi network at home.
    Anyone else come across this?

8. AdamA9 macrumors 65816

Could it be that you're on a different band?

9. MrJinx macrumors newbie

MrJinx

I checked on my BT home hub and they are both on the same 5 Ghz band. I also put them both on the 2.4Ghz band and it still says they are need to be on the same network. I don't get it??

10. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I wonder if "Hey Siri *pause* stop" gets identified as "cancel", as in stop listening to me. I have been using "Hey Siri pause" for stopping music and it works every time.

11. eneisch macrumors 6502a

This has happened once to me as well. Unplug/replug sorted it out too.

12. jdmagoo1 macrumors regular

This happened to me last night, to tired to troubleshoot so went to bed. Woke up this morning and still doing the same thing. Came home from work at lunch and it’s fixed, not sure why as I did nothing to troubleshoot

13. PLin thread starter macrumors 6502

I think the first time I couldn’t get the music to stop, I also tried “Hey Siri, Pause”. I don’t experience the problem all the time. It only happened once today and a few times 2 days ago. Other than those times, “Hey Siri, Stop” does stop the music, so I doubt the issue is because the command is being interpreted as Cancel.

14. steve knight macrumors 68030

steve knight

I was hoping it was just voiceover that caused shirr to lock up. but we will see did another reboot and will see but it sounds like others are having issues.

15. AdamA9 macrumors 65816

Okay this is happening more frequently now. Asking Siri to play specific songs from Specific Albums is yielding a blank response. The current song will quieten, but Siri won't reply. Or she'll reply and it'll stay blank. Almost like it's confused by the request.

16. JPGR_Fan macrumors regular

JPGR_Fan

Tried to use HP for my piano lesson on Skype (maybe better sound when my teacher demos; I use a Yeti microphone for my playing). This resulted in a feedback loop and long delays on both ends. I guess that makes sense since both are on WiFi. I have used Bluetooth speakers and headphones and the MBP itself successfully with Skype.

This morning had iPhone plugged into power on the same table as HP. Wanted HP to take Siri commands but iPhone insisted on being in charge. Again, just a glitch.

17. PLin thread starter macrumors 6502

I just had another incidence of HomePod not wanting to stop playing music regardless if I said “Hey Siri, Stop” or “Hey Siri, Pause”. The music would stop for a second but then continue playing. The strange thing is if I bring up the HomePod in my iPhone Control Center, it looks like it was paused. I also noticed that the HomePod would then continue to play until the end of the current track and then stop.

18. StuartL macrumors member

The silence after announcing a song/artist is getting really annoying now. Happens after about 3 or 4 days - works fine after an unplug/re-plug though. I wish the speaker had an on/off switch on it (or you could ask Siri to reboot) since the plug isn't easily accessible (it's down the back of a unit).

Apart from that, I love it.