Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
I have four HomePods (2 classic, 2 minis) and noticed in the last days, that I can not use Siri to do something for me. E.g. adding something to my shopping list (Bring! app) or adding a reminder or something.
Always get the more or less same reply: "proceed on your iPhone". On my iPhone: nothing.

Checked the settings of the Home-App under personalization, toggled them, etc.

Adding things worked flawlessly, but I can not remember, exactly when it stopped working as I only use this feature maybe 1 or 2 times a week.

What happened in the last two weeks: updated my stuff to iOS 15.2 and homeOS 15.2 and received a new iPhone.

Also what is strange: my name in registered users for home is displaying my Apple ID and not my Surname Lastname as it does for all other family members.

Can anyone help?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
reboot everything, including your router and wifi gear

I've seen several times (both personally and on these forums) where that fixes really random HomePod isses. I've had Siri just loose half my homekit stuff, while the other half works fine.

Reactions: NME42

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Thanks. Found other folks who have the same issues. Seems Apple has a problem since a few days. Might be related to German Language. We got speaker recognition with 15.2. Seems that destroyed working stuff.

DonJimmy

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2021
Another German here. I have the exact same problem. The homepod is no longer able to control any of my iphone apps including omnifocus, roborock or pon. The timeframe of around two weeks seems fitting.

Have you found a solution yet?

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
No. But found a lot of German folks with the same problem. Apple seems to acknowledge the issues and is working on a fix.

Reactions: DonJimmy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.