HomePod HomePod homekit error responses (but commands still functioning)

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Unprocessed1, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Unprocessed1, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018

Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

I use Homepod to control my Hue lights and Nanoleaf. Tonight, when I tried to turn on/off both or change the colors, each command works, however Siri responds to each command by saying ("sorry the device is not responding" or "Hmmm...something's wrong). It's driving me crazy. I reset the Homepod, but it's still giving me false error messages after each Homekit command. Any suggestions?

2. bbednarz macrumors 65816

bbednarz

Weird, I just started having this happen on the HomePod today. I unplugged it for 10 seconds and now it seems to be working as usual.

3. Bfarmer38119 macrumors member

Me, too. I turned off/on my network and everything repopulated properly.

Homekit is still a far from a "it just works" Apple software/hardware feature.

4. retrospek macrumors 6502a

retrospek

5. CPTmom2wp macrumors 6502

CPTmom2wp

Likewise. About 11:00pm last evening, I too received the "Hmmmm......something's wrong" message on 3 different commands. However, the commands were executed anyway. About 20 minutes later, everything was working fine.

6. bbednarz macrumors 65816

bbednarz

Mine is on and off. Sometimes it gives the correct response and other times it says it couldnt complete even though the task completes itself. Doesn't happen on the phone though. Must be an issue with the HomePod software.

7. bbednarz macrumors 65816

bbednarz

I think I solved this for myself. There was one lightbulb that was unresponsive because the light switch was turned off. This bulb was included in my "Goodnight" command. I removed the bulb and the scenes go off without a hitch. It must have done all it could do, but just wanted to alert me to the fact that not everything had responded as intended.

8. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

I had to reboot my router and then I started having the exact same problem last night with my lights. Switched of the HomePod for 20 seconds and everything is fine again