HomePod Homepod in the sun?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by ea9, Feb 14, 2018.

1. ea9 macrumors regular

Hi boys & girls,

This question probably cannot be answered reliably right now but maybe someone can give me their thoughts.

I would like to put a white homepod in my kitchen solarium and I'm wondering if there's a reason to think the sun would ruin the color of the product? It will have about 10-12hours a day of sun exposure (through glass obviously)

Since I haven't touched or even seen one in person I'll take any information from someone that has!

Being in Canada i'll have import one and it would be almost impossible to return if there's an issue.

2. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

I would think you’d be ok with the white one. Obviously it’s speculation at this point, we haven’t had them for long. But now that I’ve seen the fabric I’d have thought the only issue would be eventual, slight fading. Which I don’t think will be too obvious on the white one.

3. Krayzkat Suspended

4. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

Mine’s fine so far. Maybe Apple should supply a spot testing kit in the box so we can check in an out of the way spot of our furniture :D

5. ea9 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the input! I ordered one ! I think I'll be satisfied :)