Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that the HomePod mini will be available to order in Belgium, the Netherlands, and Switzerland starting at the end of March, as spotted by iCulture and 9to5Mac. A specific release date has not been provided.

homepod-mini-thumb-feature.jpg

As in other countries, the HomePod mini will be available in five colors, including white, space gray, yellow, orange, and blue. The small Siri-enabled speaker has a woven power cable and comes with a 20W USB-C power adapter in the box.

HomePod mini first launched in October 2020 in the United States, and the speaker is also available in Australia, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, Austria, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom. The speaker will likely launch in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Finland later this year.

There were no HomePod-related announcements at Apple's virtual "Peek Performance" event today, with products unveiled including a new iPhone SE, a new iPad Air, the Mac Studio desktop computer, and a 27-inch Studio Display. We've put together a video that recaps everything that Apple announced at the event today in just seven minutes.

Article Link: HomePod Mini Launching in Belgium, Netherlands, and Switzerland at End of March

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2020
51.531011,-0.023979
I hope Apple is looking into a HomePod surround system. The minis would be great as rear speakers, so all is needed is a HomePod soundbar for a Dolby Atmos TV setup. Maybe that’s why it discontinued the HomePod? I’m happy with my HomePod minis, but there is still room for improvement. There is a lag/disconnect between the two minis in stereo mode when first starting them and takes a while to sync, for example. Siri is way better than before, though.

Htsi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2020
**** device better off not having it for sale
Bring an upgraded original

Ikertxo40

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2018
Incredible! Apple will sell the homepod mini at 109 euros in Belgium and Netherlands, when in Germany, France, Spain, Italy is 99 euros. So 10 euros more because YES.

With that 10 euros clear robbery they better add f* NL subtitles to Fitness + and release it also in BE and NL!

UWF404

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Apple should buy Sonos! I don't understand how in 2022 Apple hasn't figured out how to make home audio a more integrated part of their ecosystem. I bought a few HomePod minis and I'm shocked at two things #1 How shallow Apple HomeKit is and #2 How much trouble I had setting up two HomePod minis in stereo mode and we have all Apple computers. The whole of their automation/integration platform feels basic and a bit crude. I'm confused by their strategy of rolling out a powerful speaker HomePod, only to retreat and replace with a smaller HomePod mini. It's like they don't have a holistic strategy and that is most baffling to me.

gomichaelgo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
I wonder what the refresh cycle is like for these bad boys. If they are still pending launch in several markets it seems it may be a while before a refresh. However, I typically don't jump on the first wave. I tested these when they first came out and I know a lot of it is software issues, but they were still annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.