Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dyzfnctional

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Anyone using their pair of HomePod mini as desktop speakers connected to their new MacBooks? Does it work? Delays?
Thanks In advance

sdwaltz

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Indiana
I also came here to ask this question.

I would love to buy a pair of Homepod Minis and set them on my desk to replace my aging, wired computer speakers, but keep reading about all sorts of problems. Would love to hear others experiences, particularly with M1 Pro/Pro Max.

I don't edit video and don't game - my computer is mainly used for business and occasional YouTube videos.

dyzfnctional

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
wondering if HomePod 2 will work as desktop speakers for MacBook Pro without sync issues this time around? Maybe someone can let us know on 2/3

daileyfr

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2022
I also came here to ask this question.

I would love to buy a pair of Homepod Minis and set them on my desk to replace my aging, wired computer speakers, but keep reading about all sorts of problems. Would love to hear others experiences, particularly with M1 Pro/Pro Max.

I don't edit video and don't game - my computer is mainly used for business and occasional YouTube videos.
Do it! I have them set up with my ATVs and I use them to enhance my MBP at my desk. I see some folks have a few issues but I gotta say, I love it and it's been flawless. I expected some issues and was willing to forgive a few things, but it's been a pretty easy upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.