Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiVolt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I've upgraded my iPhone, Watch, Mac mini with the latest updates today.

However I cannot trigger the upgrade for the Homepod mini's. When I go in the home app and look where the "automatic updates" are enabled for the Homepod mini's, it says up to date.

I've also restarted both.

Is there a different way to trigger an upgrade?

fwmireault

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2019
Montreal, Canada
Are you sure it is even out? I know that it is usually out at the same time than iOS, but I can’t find a MR article stating it is avaible, as they usually do. I see nothing on my HomePods mini nor my OG HomePods

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I've upgraded my iPhone, Watch, Mac mini with the latest updates today.

However I cannot trigger the upgrade for the Homepod mini's. When I go in the home app and look where the "automatic updates" are enabled for the Homepod mini's, it says up to date.

I've also restarted both.

Is there a different way to trigger an upgrade?
Anytime you want to update your HomePods to the latest OS, connect it to your Mac, find it in Finder, and tap on update.

Reactions: centauratlas

ryanmp

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2016
Both of my HomePod Mini’s just updated about 30 mins ago. The temperature and humidity sensors are now available but currently says “calibrating”

Reactions: tshane

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Anytime you want to update your HomePods to the latest OS, connect it to your Mac, find it in Finder, and tap on update.
I tried with my HomePod mini on my M2 MacBook Air and I guess it wasn't powerful enough. It flashed orange and gave this message. I even tried with the Air connected to the charger.

Image 1-23-23 at 15.30.jpeg

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I tried with my HomePod mini on my M2 MacBook Air and I guess it wasn't powerful enough. It flashed orange and gave this message. I even tried with the Air connected to the charger.

View attachment 2147019
It works on my M2. I got that message once. It says it needs more power to play not update. I clicked on restore and it set up as new, along with the new update.

• Wow
Reactions: russell_314

SteamyDinkins

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
Both of my HomePod Mini’s just updated about 30 mins ago. The temperature and humidity sensors are now available but currently says “calibrating”
Are your minis set to accept beta updates?

When I open the Home app and hit Software Update I see a beta update for my mini, but have no updates for my two full size HomePods.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I don't even see the option to update software anymore where is was previously under home/homePod/settings wheel?
The update isn't out yet. At least not for me.

jcshas

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2003
I had to toggle on beta updates in the home app, and then once I did 16.3 finally started downloading to my HomePod mini.

Reactions: russell_314

Juanchi007

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2016
I believe the HomePod 16.3 update hasn’t rolled out yet unless you’re a beta tester. Though MacOS 13.2 had to drop prior to the MacBook Pro and Mac Mini arrivals tomorrow, the 2nd Generation HomePod isn’t available until Friday February 3rd and they might be taking their time polishing the OS update.

HiVolt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Yeah maybe it hasn't rolled out. I just assumed, because there have been several youtubers showing the new homepod temp/humidity features.

Confusing release schedule, why release everything but the homepod updates?

Reactions: tshane

ivhs72

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2019
All the releases on the Apple pages, as well in the media, say the the Home Pod Mini 16.3 update was rolled out today as well. But I don't see anyway to force it to update.

MacGiver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
France
No update available here as well on my 3 HP mini. Was hoping to see temp/humidity released today with iOS 16.3 and therefore HomePod OS 16.3.

Reactions: NoelWalker

Aelex

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2022
The update to 16.3 for the homepods mini has not yet arrived in Germany either.

RaveBoy

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2021
I don’t have tha patience to wait and enrolled for 16.3 beta. After install, the sensors are calibrating for 30-45 min and then … shazam … you have temp and humidity.

Will compare the readings with tado thermostats that show temp and humidity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.