HomePod HomePod Not playing playlist

kagharaht

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2007
I started to add and remove songs from several playlist. Now HomePod says it can't play that playlist and wants me to try again later. Other times it says, it can't find that playlist or it says it will play but nothing plays. Even after you see the Siri graphic on top swirling to process the command...nothing plays. So adding or removing and renaming playlist screws up the whole thing. Maybe I'll just a few hours to see if iTunes Match finishes updating on the server. Perhaps thats what is causing it to fail again.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I started to add and remove songs from several playlist. Now HomePod says it can't play that playlist and wants me to try again later. Other times it says, it can't find that playlist or it says it will play but nothing plays. Even after you see the Siri graphic on top swirling to process the command...nothing plays. So adding or removing and renaming playlist screws up the whole thing. Maybe I'll just a few hours to see if iTunes Match finishes updating on the server. Perhaps thats what is causing it to fail again.
Unplug the power cord from the wall.

Count to 10.

Plug the power cord back in the wall.

Works for me every time.

kagharaht

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2007
Unplug the power cord from the wall.

Count to 10.

Plug the power cord back in the wall.

Works for me every time.
Well the cable company had to do some work and turned off internet access several times. HomePod suddenly stop recognizing any of my playlist in iTunes. I have iTunes Match no Apple Music. I tried the unplugging it for 10 seconds and more a few times. It didn't work for me. I had to remove the HomePods and set them up again as new. Then it recognized my playlist after doing that. Clearly the new update didn't do anything to fix this problem.

I don't know why the HomePod can't just use HomeSharing to access the playlist in iTunes. Why won't Apple allow that.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Well the cable company had to do some work and turned off internet access several times. HomePod suddenly stop recognizing any of my playlist in iTunes. I have iTunes Match no Apple Music. I tried the unplugging it for 10 seconds and more a few times. It didn't work for me. I had to remove the HomePods and set them up again as new. Then it recognized my playlist after doing that. Clearly the new update didn't do anything to fix this problem.

I don't know why the HomePod can't just use HomeSharing to access the playlist in iTunes. Why won't Apple allow that.
I didn’t realize you were talking about iTunes Match. That service has been buggy and has had problems for years.

Have you considered switching to Apple Music? It has all the functionality of Match (I have thousands of boots, rarities, and imports uploaded and playable across all devices without issue) and is far more stable, and having access to 45 million songs is a benefit as well.

Last edited:

kagharaht

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2007
I didn’t realize you were talking about iTunes Match. That service has been buggy and has had problems for years.

Have you considered switching to Apple Music? It has all the functionality of Match (I have thousands of boots, rarities, and imports uploaded and playable across all devices without issue) and is far more stable, and having access to 45 million songs is a benefit as well.
Well no I don't want to use Apple Music. I've had iTunes Match from the beginning and I like collecting and owning my music to play. It's just ridiculous that Apple doesn't give a S about iTunes Match so that people will switch to Apple Music which cost more than ITM. If this is Apples motivation then shame on them.