HomePod HomePod playing censored songs

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Cinab1mt, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Cinab1mt macrumors regular

I apologize in advance if this was already covered in another thread, I researched and could not find any answers.

I have noticed my HomePod playing censored version of songs as apposed to the explicit version. I have gone into the HomeKit App and have "Allow Explicit Content" ON under my HomePod and the problem still persists.

I listen to multiple genres of music and personally find this very annoying when a censored song comes on and the song is completely different than the original, not to mention the pauses in audio for swear words etc. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything that I can do to fix this?

2. TyWahn macrumors 6502

TyWahn

From what I remember, this has been an issue for quite a while. People were buying songs and they'd end up with a clean version. I'm sorry but i don't recall what the final verdict was. It's definitely an Apple Music thing.

3. dbe macrumors newbie

dbe

No problem on my end. I get all the glorious profanity and vulgarity. ;)

4. Cinab1mt thread starter macrumors regular

It works correctly for most songs but will randomly play the clean version for others when I tell Siri to “play song X”

5. TyWahn macrumors 6502

TyWahn

If you Google it you'll see it seemed to start with iTunes Match. Explicit songs from personal collections being replaced with the clean version after Matching.