HomePod HomePod Stereo pair from iTunes library

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Bonobobakunin, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Bonobobakunin macrumors newbie

I have two homepods paired for stereo. I can play songs in stereo from my iOS devices and Apple Music but not directly from my iTunes library. It only recognizes the two individual homepods, not the stereo pair. And even then it will only play through one of them, not both. I suppose since it’s mono that’s less of a big deal.

Any help?
    Thanks

2. Bonobobakunin thread starter macrumors newbie

To clarify, I cannot play in stereo from my iTunes library on my iMac.

3. smr macrumors 6502a

As is being discussed over in this thread, it seems macOS doesn't (yet?) fully support Airplay 2 and stereo-paired HomePods. In my experience if you have Apple Music AND iCloud music enabled, you can use iTunes to control Apple Music streaming from the stereo pair, but any attempt to select them for direct (non-cloud) streaming from iTunes results in just one of the pair playing.

4. BlankStar macrumors 6502

BlankStar

OS X does not support HomeKit nor AirPlay 2.

Let's hope the KeyNote in a couple of hours will show us a new OS X Mojave that does do all that stuff. Would be ridiculous if it doesn't...

5. dan9700 macrumors 68000

dan9700

6. nafai23 macrumors regular

7. BlankStar macrumors 6502

BlankStar

You've tested in the beta? Or based on the keynote? Cause OS X now gets HomeKit? Seems connected.