HomePod HomePod stuck on 13.3 update

Crzylikefox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2017
Los Angeles
I just purchased a HomePod, set it up and there was a 13.3 update in the Home app. I clicked download but it's been downloading for the past 2 days on the app and I have no idea how to fix this.

I tried unplugging the HomePod for 20 minutes thinking that might work but no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

malcky77

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2019
I would reset the HomePod...and then see if the update actually took or not...if not then try it again.
To reset the HomePod, unplug from the power and when you plug it back in press the top of the HomePod until you hear Siri saying “the HomePod is being reset” and then set it up as you would a new HomePod. I don’t know if it matters, but I would remove the HomePod from the home app too.

alecc131

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2013
I just got a replacement HomePod on 11.2.5. It shows that it’s up to date in Home app— can’t get it to update to 13.3.

Searching on Apple Support and Reddit, it seems like this is a known issue the past few days. HomePods will not update.

Reactions: Crzylikefox

Crzylikefox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2017
Los Angeles
The 13.3 update took a looong time on a HomePod I recently upgraded. Let it go for an hour and see what happens.
I let it try to download for a whole day...no luck. Tried resetting it and everything. Sounds like this is a common issue with this update, I wish Apple would hurry up and fix it!

I7guy

macrumors Core
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I let it try to download for a whole day...no luck. Tried resetting it and everything. Sounds like this is a common issue with this update, I wish Apple would hurry up and fix it!
Fo into the accessory itself and then into settings for the accessory. You should see where it’s updating. Stay on that screen...the update should finish.

alecc131

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2013
I don’t have the option to cancel. Grayed out. Tried power cycling HomePod and restarting WiFi... didn’t help

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
I'm in the same boat. I got a HomePod on Saturday and it was on 11.2.5, said it was up to date. After trying basically everything I have found to get it to update it found the 13.3 update last night about 6:00 pm.

Now a new set of issues.... Last night I tried so many things to get the download to complete, from power cycles, router power cycles, removing it from my account, resetting it, three different iSO devices. I left it paired with my 11 inch iPad Pro overnight and it's still shows updating on the HomePod tile on the main screen of my Home app. If I go into Software Update section it starts checking for update finds the 13.3 and "starts" downloading it and never completes.

Edit: Now that 13.3.1 was just released I updated my 11 Pro Max and 11 inch iPad Pro removed the HomePod from my account, reset it. It found the 13.3.1 update and downloaded it within 10 minutes. It's installing now.

Last edited: