HomePod HomePod thud sound when entering sleep mode

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by atmuwben, Aug 8, 2018.

1. atmuwben macrumors newbie

A 6 month old HomePod has recently started making a thud sound (like an electric discharge into the subwoofer) 8 minutes after it stops playing. This coincides with entering sleep mode.

Does anyone else have this sound?

2. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

No. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging back in, or removing it from Home app and re-adding it?

3. atmuwben thread starter macrumors newbie

I've done the unplug/plug. I'll try the Home removal too.

4. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

A few weeks ago one of mine started making a thud sound. Then the volume buttons would start flashing and nothing would work. Turning off at the wall and restarting would fix it. Until now - the buttons just flash and nothing happens.

Have called Apple and they've agreed to replace but will take up to two weeks. :rolleyes:

5. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

Removing from Home and then adding back is a factory reset. I had some funkyness with Siri saying she could not connect to the internet even though there was no problem with WiFi or internet, and she could connect immediately after. I removed both of my HomePods from Home and added them again. It cleared up the issue for me.

6. atmuwben thread starter macrumors newbie

I gave this try but no change; the issue seems to be electrical.

Good to know. I'll wait to see if mine degrades that far.