HomePod HomePod Volume Level Change

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Buerkletucson, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Buerkletucson macrumors 6502

Buerkletucson

OK, setup my HomePod in a certain location and got everything working perfectly......had it in the same spot for a few days.

I wanted to try another spot in the room, so I unplugged it and tried another spot....didn't like it and moved it back to the same exact spot.

Volume level the same as verified by asking Siri
    Same exact song playing from my iCloud music library.

Music is now significantly louder than before at the exact same volume level.
    What the hey? It must of recalibrated differently?

I like the HomePod even better now.......sounds even better to me than before. :)

2. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

So, we know the HP has an accelerometer in it to detect if t's being moved so it knows to recalibrate. But what if the HP is unplugged before it's moved, then replugged after it's in its new spot. Does the accelerometer know it was moved? Doe it work while the evice has no power?

Now, if it simply checks using the mics, then there'd be no reason to have the accelerometer. So, can it work while being unplugged? I don't think so. So if you do this, plug it back in, then pic it up again and moved it a bit to let it know to recalibrate.

3. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

It most likely recalibrates each time it powers up too.

4. Buerkletucson thread starter macrumors 6502

Buerkletucson

That would be my guess also.....
    I wish Apple would provide more technical details surrounding the HomePod......I'm a techie and like to know how things work, also makes it easier if something doesn't work correctly to figure out a solution.

Of course, Apple probably doesn't want anyone to know what's under the hood. :p

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It rescans the room upon powerup.

No, because there's no power to it, and thus its unaware of any movement.