HomePod HomePod volume ?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by pitt1717, Feb 9, 2018.

1. pitt1717 macrumors 6502

So as I wait for ups, I was wondering about the volume settings. I can see my son putting this up to a high volume. when he is done will it revert back to a normal volume? I would hate to play a song a couple hours later to be blasted by music

2. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

From testing it will stay at the volume you last used it until you tell it to decrease it.

3. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

It appears to retain your general volume setting across sessions. If you ask it to play something at full volume, it will warn you by saying, "That's really loud. Are you sure?" and you have to confirm. I'm not sure if it'll give you that same warning if someone else has set it to full blast prior.

4. pitt1717 thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmm that stinks. they should put a setting into the app after certain time of no use it drops to a specified level.

5. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I'm not sure that's the answer either. My guess is that a lot of people will get the volume just right for their space and preference and change it very infrequently. It would be extremely frustrating for the volume to continually drop that setting.

Perhaps a preference in settings would be a nice middle ground. I suspect with real world usage and feedback, you'll see things like that in software updates in the future.