HomePod HomePod wider global launch?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by kshitijshah, Mar 26, 2018.

1. kshitijshah macrumors member

I cant seem to find any timelines as to a wider global launch for the HomePod. Apple should launch it in all countries where there have Apple Music.

Any information on the wider launch would be much appreciated.

2. afir93 macrumors 6502a

The only official information we have right now is that the HomePod will come to France and Germany sometime in Spring (so sometime inbetween the 20th of March and the 20th of June, which his a pretty big timespan). I'm pretty sure it will come to more countries after that eventually, but how fast and in which order is unannounced right now.

3. Neometro macrumors newbie

What I don’t get is if they have Siri on multiple languages now why don’t make a worwide release with multiple languages option like an iPhone

4. kshitijshah thread starter macrumors member

The best part is Siri on the iPhone works far better than the HomePod. Wonder what stops them

5. afir93 macrumors 6502a

The languages Siri can speak might not be the only deciding factor for how fast the HomePod comes to other countries. Maybe they didn't have enough units for a launch in more countries, or the distribution takes some time, or the localization hasn't properly been tested and smoothed out. Or maybe they want to synchronize the HomePod launch with the release of AirPlay 2 and Stereo support to make the product more appealing from the get-go.

In any case, chances are Apple wants to nail the launch in each country. The HomePod is a completely new product, they don't want some unexpected localization errors or other unexpected issues.