HomePod Homepod - with CD collection

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by finchie, Feb 11, 2018.

1. finchie macrumors newbie

Hi everyone

Apologies if this is a daft question, but i'm thinking of buying a Homepod and want to know if it will work within my personal set-up.

I don't have (or want) any applemusic, itunes match or any other type of subscription.

What I do have (I think) is an itouch 6th generation, which houses my music library from itunes. This library consists of about 800 albums, which come from CDs that I have bought and burned into itunes - so no music that I have bought from itunes itself.

So my question is...will my library play on the homepod - through my itouch (presumably via airplay?) - given none of my music on it was bought from itunes/applemusic?

2. turbineseaplane macrumors 601

turbineseaplane

Homepod will work perfectly as a normal airplay speaker for you basically.

I am in a nearly identical situation to you. For me it's just more than I want to spend a wireless speaker, but if it were ever on sale down the road I could see getting one, certainly despite Siri and not because of it.

3. finchie thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Bkxmnr macrumors regular

Bkxmnr

In finchie’s scenario, which is the same as mine, do both the iPod Touch and the HomePod need to be network connected?

5. douglasf13 macrumors 68000

If your tethered to a single device that isn’t your phone, why even bother, when there are so many other audio options out there? You could just plug the iPod into just about any system with a cord. I’d at least get iTunes Match, in your case.

6. darthbane2k macrumors 6502a

Subscribe to iTunes Match and your library will be accessible from any Apple device (including HomePod) or windows device running iTunes.

7. MiamiC70 macrumors 6502

This

8. bobm3 macrumors newbie

bobm3