HomePod Homepod youtubetv test request

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Mercury7, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

Mercury7

if you have Appletv and use HomePod could you please see if you are having sync issues with the youtubetv app, it started for me last night and can’t resolve it, it’s a airplay2 issue and pretty certain it’s YouTube’s app issue but the group that does this is so small I can’t find it reported else where, theyoutube twitter folks just say toreinstall app but that does not work . All other apps and streaming service working perfectly

2. thenovelty macrumors newbie

I’m experiencing the same issue with YouTube TV audio via AirPlay to my HomePod (in some cases there’s no audio at all). I reached out to YouTube TV support, and they were completely unhelpful. They suggested I reach out to Apple stating:

“Thanks for your response and clarification. You mentioned that the audio is syncing correctly if you use the speakers for your TV at this point the YouTube TV app is working as intended.It looks like that the the HomePod has a delay on picking up the Audio from your Apple TV to your HomePod.

At this case, I would suggest to contact Apple support for your HomePod so they can provide steps on how to improve the syncing of Audio for your devices. You can contact the Apple support by phone at 1-800-275-2273 or through their online support options: getsupport.apple.com.“

My issue began Thursday evening, or that’s when I first saw it. I know it worked Thursday morning.

3. Mercury7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mercury7

--- Post Merged, Jun 24, 2019 ---
    I’ll keep checking til they fix it, I will be very surprised if they don’t

4. dmeadowcroft macrumors newbie

dmeadowcroft

I am having sound sync issues with YouTubeTV app as well. Works perfectly with DirectTV Now and Netflix so appears to be a YouTubeTV issue.