Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Just a heads up, Location Services and Sound Check for the HomePods are now universal toggles, for each, within Home Settings. This came immediately after updating ALL my HomePods to 15.2. Should see a splash screen too after updating.

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps

BobRey77

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2021
Interesting. Mine updated to 15.2 overnight but I didn't see a splash screen and there's nothing in Home Settings about locations services.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Interesting. Mine updated to 15.2 overnight but I didn't see a splash screen and there's nothing in Home Settings about locations services.

You should get a fair idea if it has been enabled or not by asking one of your HomePods for the weather. Mine was bugged out originally when I had a mixture of different versions and would say “whether for where”. But when they all were updated to the latest abortion 15.2 I then got a splashscreen on my phone for the first time even though it did take a while for it to pop up. Just more **** software from that **** company.

B/D

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2016

If you have them paired to the Apple TV, you need to update it to 15.2 as well for the location services toggle to appear (which is in the general home settings section, click on the little house icon on the top left corner and tap that option to access it).

Last edited:

BobRey77

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2021
If you have them paired to the Apple TV, you need to update it to 15.2 as well for the location services toggle to appear (which is in the general home settings section, click on the little house icon on the top left corner and tap that option to access it).
Ah, that'll be why then. TVOS is still 15.1. I have no problem with location services. They are turned on along with Personal Requests.

Reactions: B/D
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.