Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ledzep1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
Hi

Happy Christmas everyone.

I have a strange issue where my HomePod and HomePod mini will not play music at the same time together.

I say hey siri play everywhere but the other HomePod just lights up the volume controls as if its playing and also says its playing in the home app, buts its not.

Both can play music separately but not the same music together in sync.

Both are on latest software.

Is this a bug in latest software?

Thanks

malcky77

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2019
Sounds like a bug to me.....however, have you checked the volume is NOT muted on the opposite speaker? (as in that could be the bug)
Also, is it just one of them that is not playing when you ask to play everywhere....as in, the mini is playing fine, ask to play everywhere and the OG HomePod is silent (but shows as playing in the app).....and vice versa?

Reactions: ledzep1

ledzep1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
Sounds like a bug to me.....however, have you checked the volume is NOT muted on the opposite speaker? (as in that could be the bug)
Also, is it just one of them that is not playing when you ask to play everywhere....as in, the mini is playing fine, ask to play everywhere and the OG HomePod is silent (but shows as playing in the app).....and vice versa?

I reset both homepods recently and last time I tried it worked ok, so all good.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.