Homer iDonut wallpaper

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danielforman, Jan 17, 2008.

1. danielforman macrumors regular

When I was watching the keynote via the macrumors live feed i saw the picture of the Homer iPod/iDonut for Fox and thought that would be a great iPhone/iPod Touch wallpaper. So i whipped one together, hope you like.

*image removed*

2. Flying Dutchman macrumors regular

Awesome

*Worship* Nice...:D

3. keylocker macrumors newbie

4. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Did you make this for Apple before the keynote?

If you did the same as the OP and just put it together after seeing the keynote, there is nothing wrong with what the OP has done (well, no more than yourself) as neither of you have copyright on the image. In addition it does not look as though this has been stolen from your site, but that the OP has put it together from the keynote.

So, unless you created this for Apple, you have no claim to this.

5. danielforman thread starter macrumors regular

The picture I used for the Homer iDonut was from a photograph taken of the keynote presentation. All I did was just resize it so it fits the dimensions of the iPhone/Touch background.

The image was not taken from your site KEYLOGER.

Have removed the image though as dont want any hassle over copyright and stuff like that.

6. keylocker macrumors newbie

sure but i don't want the copyright on the idea but on the digitalization of the work.
    In my post in DA i've specified that the image is from Apple Macworld 2008 Keynote and not from my brain.
    Anyway the only thing that danielforman did is:
    Open Photoshop
    magic wand on the black homer silhouette
    copy/paste on a solid green background
    resize for iphone.
    I don't think he opened illustrator at all.
    There's no problem on resizing and image but a mention of keydesign on that should be necessary. don't you think?

7. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

No! He did not take it from your site. He took it from the Keynote just like you did.

You have no copyright on this whatsoever. It doesn't matter whether it was done in PS or Illustrator.

EDIT: BTW, I am sure the company that done this for Apple already have copyright on the 'digitalisation of the work'.

8. keylocker macrumors newbie

p.s. Homer's finger is perfectly equal as my image... there was a little error (not a circle shape but a corner... a "jump" in technical language)
    Anyway i'm not angry with you, i just wanted you to specify that's not a your illustrator creation and, eventually, my logo on that image.
    That's all

9. keylocker macrumors newbie

Friends like before?!?!

[​IMG]

This is another version of iDonut wallpaper optimized to fit iPhone/iPod Touch background format.
    ©*Apple inc. Macworld Keynote 2008
    Re-digitalization by KEY.DESIGN
    iPhone/Touch size by danielforman and KEY.DESIGN

You can also find it clicking here

10. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

What?!??!

Please stop going on about illustrator! It is not your creation either. Your logo should not go on that image. I am tempted to just make one myself now and give it to everyone in this forum who would want such a thing.

I'll try one last time, this is NOT your creation. You should not have any logo on that image. YOU have NO copyright to that image.

11. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Oh, Puhlease!

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Fixed that for you.

13. keylocker macrumors newbie

i always said that's a Apple inc ©.
    I've only RE-digitalized it.
    i think that's no problem if i keep my logo on a RE-digitalization.
    not my idea. always said it.

p.s. it look strange to me that when danielforman posted it you said "Awesome" and when i specified that's not digitalized by him you are so angry to me.. mah...
    take it easy, man

14. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I prefer without the logo simply cause I like to have neat wallpapers...... logos just spoil things lol

15. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

I think the problem is that you are trying to make somebody credit you on something that you have 'borrowed' yourself.

You then took it one step further by 'borrowing' his idea of using it as an iPhone wallpaper.

16. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

On a related note, I think the original design may have been influenced by the Steve Ballmer iPod Advert Parody (in fact I thought it was ballmer when I first saw it :D

17. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I did? Re-read the thread. Apparently, you fail to not only understand Copyright law, but also to read my posts.

Maybe that is why we are still going over this.

It is 'technically' a problem that you have your logo on a copyrighted image. If I were to take the iMac picture from the Apple website, change some colours, add a gradient here and there, or heck even re-create it from scratch in illustrator - I would have no copyright over what I had done.

Why? The original image, that I copied, and the idea behind it, belonged to someone else. It is that simple.

Besides, this whole argument was not about who the copyright belonged to, it was about you coming in here and claiming someone had stolen your work when you had stolen it form someone else in the first place.