General Homescreen designer not working?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by WAM2, Jan 14, 2014.

1. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

I bought and downloaded home screen designer on my 5S (7.1 Beta 3) and it does not work. it doesn't allow me to put more then 4 apps on a page even though the design is set for more then 4. Can I fix it or am I doing something wrong?

2. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

I'm pretty sure HomescreenDesigner does't work for the 5S yet... Only the iPhone 5 and older...

3. gucciipad macrumors member

Maybe because ur on the 7.1 beta. 4 it works perfect for me on my iphone 5s 7.0.4

4. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Nope it works fine on the 5s. Probably a beta issue.

5. pocketdoc, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014

pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I tried the fixes and still have a weird problem.

I have a 5S running 7.04

I saved and applied a layout, and it is there, but there is a persistent spot on the top left where one icon sits. If I try to move it, there is one underneath it immediately. Then another one appears.

There must be a conflict.

I installed Iconoclasm and turned off iconsupport but it is still there! Annoying.

Edit: I turned the app off and back on and that fixed it

6. dpb135, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014

dpb135 macrumors newbie

I get the following issue where by on a 5x5 set up it will not allow me to move icons down to the bottom row. With the grid turned on I can see it should allow me but nothing stays.

Anyone got any ideas?

On a 5s 7.0.4

Thanks

Edit - thought the app was like gridlock and could move anywhere. I accidentally moved an app to another page and it stayed ..... doh!!

Attached Files:

7. Speedy Gonzalez macrumors regular

HomeScreenDesigner is buggy create your layouts with it but use Iconoclasm to apply them just copy-paste your homescreendesigner plist profile to Library/Iconoclasm/Layouts ;)

8. z06gal macrumors 6502

I have had mad respringing since the last update and I do not have many tweaks installed. I will see how it goes and give iconoclasm a try if it doesn't get better ;)

9. Speedy Gonzalez macrumors regular

Latest HomeScreen update uninstalls Iconoclasm automatically go figure maybe the developer found the app conflicting with he's app but at least HomeScreen is working fine now a little glitches here and there like opening settings you see a stretched settings icon in button corner for a second but not a big deal

I like the way you can now apply a dynamic layout lets say you want 10 icons in portrait and 20 in landscape it works perfect rearranging the icons while rotating the ipad and the animation looks cool.

10. z06gal macrumors 6502

The biggest issue that I have had with it is, at times, when I drag an icon from one screen to the next, it will respring. Other than this, it has worked great on my 5s ;)

11. johno168 macrumors newbie

Im not sure if its a Homescreen desginer bug or some other tweak i have installed, but my notification center and control center would pull up or down. After a reboot it would come back but only for a while then it dissapeared. Uninstalled Homescreen designer and all is fine for now...
    Dunno if anyone else has had this problem.

12. elfy macrumors 6502

Am I missing something? I've installed HomescreenDesigner. Is there supposed to be an icon on my springboard to launch it or is it all configured from within settings? Clicking on 'manage layouts' in settings does nothing.

Sorry if I'm being thick but I'm kind of confused.

13. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

It's just in Settings. When you click on Manage Layouts, it should take you to the list of saved layouts. At the bottom if you click on Layout Maker, you get to the screen where you can design your own.

14. elfy macrumors 6502

Right. Like I say, clicking on Manage Layouts does nothing. Weird.

15. JrFreak macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

16. Tmlfan3 macrumors regular

I have a springboard icon for homescreendesigner, you don't?

I would think there was an issue with his install. I would try to reinstall it first.

17. JrFreak macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

I didn't see it at first. For some reason the install up that icon inside another folder.

I can't get it to work. It won't apply my layout and now it messed something up. Folderenhancer and Infinifolders won't work either. I applied the 'default.plist' using HSD and deleted it. FE and Infin still won't work. It's not applying layouts right. Maybe another conflict with another tweak? Gridlock? Who knows.

All I know is one of my PAID apps has neutralized two of my other PAID apps. This is why I usually use hacked version first, so if it screws something up and doesn't work I at least didn't pay for it to do it.

18. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I must have had a brain fart there. I do have the SB icon which would be the way to access the design screen.

19. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I don't have the layout maker option.

20. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Read my post right above your last one.

21. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I must have had a brain fart here...:eek:

22. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Lol :D