Homescreen rotation lag

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by RodChester, Jul 9, 2011.

1. RodChester macrumors regular

RodChester

Hello there. After jail breaking my iPad2 with Comex's PDF exploit I have noticed that there is a bit of a lag when I rotate my iPad's home screen. This does not happen when I have an app open. Only when I am on the home screen. I will rotate my iPad and there will be a minor delay before the icons rotate. Does anyone else have this problem?

2. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

I have the same problem. It's a side effect of the jailbreak/installous

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

It may be an issue with something you've installed. Generally, jailbreaking doesn't do anything to cause lag, apps/tweaks do. Avoid Winterboard and mobilesubstrate (hard I know) to keep your UI silky smooth and lag free.

4. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I get a little lag on this and when holding an app to get into the wiggle mode, but neither bother me at all.

The weirdest little glitch Ive had is that occasionally scrolling will lose hte momentum and just immediately stop whne you let go. Other times it wont move when i directly scroll, but the would be there momentum moves it a bit after I let go. All it takes is a quick zoom in/zoom out to fix it.

5. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I've noticed this also, the lag between homescreen auto rotation and when I double click home button to get into switcher mode.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

7. danwestbrook macrumors regular

danwestbrook

there was an activator update out yesterday, seems back to normal :)