Homesharing - TV shows not showing up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rigby, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Rigby macrumors 601

Hi guys,

trying to use the new homesharing feature of 4.3. After enabling it on both my PC and iPhone, most content shows up on the iPhone, but my TV Shows are missing. :( If I change the media kind of an episode from "TV Show" to "Movie" in iTunes, it does show up in the Video section on the iPhone, but I would like to avoid cluttering the Movie section with dozens of TV episodes. Is there any option I may have overlooked that keeps TV Shows from being shared?

2. duncyboy, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

duncyboy macrumors 6502a

I've got the same problem and I'm befuddled. Only half my TV shows are showing up. I can get them to share if I label them as Movies but if I change it back they disappear again.

It's not certain file types or sizes either- the TV shows that ARE showing up are similar formats and types? :confused:

EDIT: just tried it on my iPad and it worked fine with every single file. I don't have time to restore my phone but I might try that over the weekend.

3. Hardtimes macrumors regular

4. Hardtimes macrumors regular

Problem solved!

Turns out Itunes wants you to fill out the 'Artist' field for it to work.

Just filled it out with the name of the show and it shows up!

5. Rigby thread starter macrumors 601

Works for me too. You, sir, are a genius. ;)

6. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

Worked for me too! I've updated all the Artist fields and they're showing now- thanks for that :)

7. ZeRoLiMiT, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013

ZeRoLiMiT macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

I can't get this to work at home. Could someone help? Ripped TV shows aren't showing up!

On iOS 6.1 (beta) Iphone 5
    And OSX mountain Lion