Homework & Project Manager

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rckstwrz, Nov 19, 2008.

1. rckstwrz macrumors member

rckstwrz

So, I'm going back to school. Does anyone have suggestions for what to use for a notetaking, homework, and project manager? It'd be great if I had one app that could do all of that. I've messed around a bit with Bento, but I think it's too general for what I want. OmniFocus is great for just to-do's and project stuff. VooDoo Pad and Evernote would be great for creating classnotes, but don't have any project or scheduling functionality. Are there any other options out there that anyone can think of? Thanks!

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

4. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

lol I know.. found out about it last week but my semester finishes in 2 weeks..

Oh btw its a freeware

5. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

My last semester finished in 2006 ... and that was grad school ;)

Freeware is nice! I used Word and a folder/file naming convention to keep track of tons of class notes. Needless to say, lots of my classmates asked for a "copy".

I will send it to my sis-in-law. Thanks for the link.

6. jfull15 macrumors 6502

7. rckstwrz thread starter macrumors member

rckstwrz

I've seen Schoolhouse before, but I don't believe it's very Leopard friendly. The developer hasn't touched it in forever.

8. jfull15 macrumors 6502

If you set it to open using Rosetta it works fine. it's true it hasn't been updated in forever, but it's still the best I've seen - yet.

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

didn't a member of this forum create something a few years back.... i think it was called iprocrastinate or something like that..

10. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

yeah. its called iProcrastinate. There is also a companion iPhone app available in the app store. Both are free. A future update incorporates syncing between both programs and between other devices.

here is the developers website: http://craigotis.com/

11. virgomac macrumors member

Not friendly at all, I downloaded it and I get the bouncing ball of patience when I try to create a new semester. Without starting a new semester it is basically pointless to use.

12. MegaMan1311 macrumors regular

I use a combination of Evernote (for notes of course!), iProcrastinate (for to-dos), and Pages (essays, etc.).

2 of which have iPhone apps (iProcrastinate and Evernote).

You can attach files to assignments in iProcrastinate for a level of integration there, and Evernote is just for notes, which most of the time, don't need to be applied to assignments.

13. Amigaman macrumors regular

Amigaman