Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
Check out iProcrastinate mobile.

It doesn't sync with iCal, but has a desktop client with syncing coming soon according to App Store description.

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
have you looked at OmniFocus? I use it for task management and 'honey-do's' but not sure about your other requirements.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
You could always just use iCal. Put in dates and times for when it due and then schedule in time to work on said homework.

rogers106

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2008
Vermont
iCal is great...

On my iPhone, I spent the $5.99 to get an app called "Assignments."

For the most part, it works wonderfully. I highly recommend it.

ckeck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
Texas
Man - who would have though it would be this hard to find such a simple program! All I need is subject, due date, notes, the ability to sort by subject or day (or heck, even week), the ability to check off assignments and the ability to sync with my iPhone.

Actually sounds like OmniFocus would be the perfect fit. I'm not sure what you mean when you say it only supports small lists. I have some very intensive projects built out into OmniFocus and it works great. Expensive? Slightly...but extremely powerful, and if it does what you need it will certainly be worth the cost.

dws90

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Another option is Appigo's Todo. It's an iPhone app that lets you sync with two very good web-based task managers - Toodledo and Remember the Milk. Both have their pluses and minuses, but either one should be able to do what you need (no pun intended).

There's also Things, which is a Mac desktop app with an iPhone companion. It's still in a free pre-release beta period and is missing some rather essential features (sort by due day? I mean, come on!) but it definitely shows promise.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Do Apple To Do's sync with the iPhone? I used that through when I was in college. I majored in Finance, probably not as tough as law, but I used to have a lot of assignments in there back then. I synced with a Treo 700p though, but it worked great.

If this doesn't sync with iPhone, my apologies. Some of the ones mentioned don't sync with iPhone either, so I figure might as well save some money.

jrlieber

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2008
Omnifocus

Omnifocus looks like a good bet. I've read it's best for power users, and a bit complicated for novices. I am the IT guy for our family and am looking for a software solution for Mac laptop/iPhone for my 14yo son's homework. We've just started using this program and it's working really well. School is school - papers to write, research, problems to do, homework to turn in, reading. The challenge is how best to organize. $20 for the iPhone software. You can get an educational Omnifocus version for around $50, or family version with 5 licenses for $120. Syncing between the two currently via MobileMe, but they will have patch for direct iPhone-Mac within the next several days, so they say. While it is some $$ invested, organization requires effort, and the payoff is time, which is $$$. Any organizational suggestions for homework?
Thanks,
Jrlieber:)

Tlaloc

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
check out Things. i've been using both the desktop and the iPhone version and i reckon it's by far the easiest to use and has the best user interface.

the iPhone version is 9.99 which is pretty cheap and the desktop version is still in beta so its free. i think they said it would be $39 once they release it in jan.

best to do app i've tried to date, and i've tried a few

lilnyc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Student-to-student, I'd suggest the app called "iHomework" from the app store. There are always new apps released that may be better, but it works best for me right now.

Check it out here if you haven't already.

Deciding Factor for me: Ability to see future assignments in a detailed list. I like to see what's coming up on one page. It also shows what time an assignment is due.

I am entering my syllabus list of assignments on it right now, and it rocks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.