OS Neutral Homeworld HD Survey

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by MichalM.Mac, Dec 28, 2013.

1. MichalM.Mac macrumors regular

MichalM.Mac

2. ScottishCaptain macrumors 6502a

Does Homeworld 2 really need a HD remake?

The original game, sure. I could see them porting that to the newer Homeworld 2 engine and re-releasing that. I literally just finished playing Homeworld 2 a week ago inside VMware Fusion, and apart from the resolution limits, I thought it looked just fine. Not every game needs to be flashy and packed full of high-resolution graphics and GPU melting effects. It kind of worries me that they're wasting time on that rather then working on a new game or something.

-SC

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Filled it out. I'd be interested in a remake of Homeworld... I still have the box for Homeworld 2 on a shelf.

4. Cougarcat, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013

Cougarcat macrumors 604

If it brings native OS X ports, then yes. :)

I don't really have any interest in replaying 2, though. The story/campaign was nothing to write home about, although the multiplayer gameplay was great. To that extent, if a remake brought with it Steam integration for multiplayer, like the AoE II HD version, it could be a very good thing. Gearbox fully intends to continue the series, this is just the first step. I wouldn't worry about it.

Never played 1 as it never came to OS X, so I'd look forward to that.

Edit: I'd forgotten, the ex-homeworld devs working on a spiritual successor is being lent the rights by Gearbox for their game: http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/1/4684456/gearbox-homeworld-ip-hardware-shipbreakers So, no need to worry about not seeing new games.

5. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

Did the survey just to indicate desire for Mac versions.

Seems like they really want to milk this with collectors editions. I just want to play the games personally so I indicated no interest in any of that.

Thanks for linking to the survey. It's good to have an opportunity to voice interest in Mac releases.