Honda Element or Scion xB

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Frisco, Jun 19, 2008.

?

Honda Pilot or Scion xB?

1. Honda Pilot

18 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Scion xB

18 vote(s)
    34.0%
  3. Neither

17 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. Frisco macrumors 68020

Honda Element or Scion xB? What do you guys and gals think is better. MotorWeek ranked the xB as car of the year.

2. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Car of the year or not, it's uglier than sin. Get the Honda Pilot.

3. NightFlight macrumors 6502

NightFlight

x2.

Why are you comparing two completely different vehicles though??? If it were up to me I would get the Pilot as well, remember that it is not as efficient though.

4. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Neither. Both are a bit on the ugly side. But, driving wise, I am not sure as I have not personally driven them. I don't see how they can compare the Pilot to the xB. There is a substantial size difference between the two. Only Scion I would buy would be the Tc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. pachyderm macrumors 601

pachyderm

i disagree. scion xb. all scion products are very cool. pilot is plain jane to homely suv.

6. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

Sorry I meant Honda Element, not the Pilot. I changed the title, but can a Mod, please change the polling choices? Thanks!

Sorry I really screwed up this poll :D

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

between those two the Scion xb for sure. granted its much better looking than the first edition, its not the prettiest thing out there, but its more efficient than the Pilot, which is why i'd pick it between those two.

8. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Out of the two, I would go for the Element. I would rather go bland then ugly.

9. pachyderm macrumors 601

pachyderm

lol. the element and the xb are very cool and both good looking to me.... :eek:;)

10. danny_w macrumors 601

Personally, I think the Element is the ugliest automobile ever produced, and the current xB is a close second. However, the original xB was sort of cute (is that the right word?).

11. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

First I would say neither.

But then after that I would pick the element.

I like the exterior of the Scion better, but I have sat in both cars and the interior of the Scion is just ridiculous. The fact that the speedometer is located in the friggin center of the dash was an instant turn off for me.

12. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I love the xB, never driven one, but the shape is appealing, and the mileage isn't bad.

If Toyota - oops, I mean "Scion", offered the xB in the US with a manual + diesel engine. I'd probably @(#* a #($& to get one, 50mpg ball park with something you can stuff a good chunk o junk into, is my kind of "suv".

But, until that day, my Golf TDI continues to keep me happy.

13. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I've grown to like the look of the Element, so not knowing anything about the cars aside from what they look like, I'd go with that one.

14. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

Scion, but the first generation. the new one looks awful.

The element is too plastic-ey for me.

15. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Excuse me while I go throw up.

ok, yea neither.

XB looks like a toy, and will probably be looked back at as one of the ugliest cars ever. The Honda element is ugly too and has a horrible AWD system.

What about something normal like a Rav4

16. ryan macrumors 6502

How much snow/ice/rain do you get in your part of Jersey?

I'd get the Element since it can be had with AWD which is nice when the weather gets bad.

17. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

I have never, ever liked the Element to be honest. The xB is kinda cool looking, but not my favorite. I would definitely choose the Scion though. Plus, I prefer Toyota to Honda anyways.

18. SteveG4Cube macrumors 6502

I'd take the CRV or RAV4 over an Element or xB. Also take a look at the new Forester, it took first in a recent magazine test. There's also the Suzuki SX4 sport, comes in AWD or FWD, starts under $15k, gets great mileage, has a killer warranty, and is very reliable. Suzuki is actually a huge seller in Japan, highly respected, they just aren't as well recognized in the US other than for Motorcycles.

19. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

the xB will get better gas mileage than the element, right? so unless you'll be going off-road, get the xB. and if you are going off-road, get a truck

20. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the element will give more storage space. so it depends. do you need space or not? if not get the xb, if so go element. xb would be better overall though imo. and i do love the design and look of the element, but its not always practical.

21. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well, that might be true, but neither one has much storage space. (again, get a truck)

i personally like toyota products better than honda. to me, it seems honda has always been copying toyota

22. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

For the times you need it, rent a truck.

Otherwise you will be paying for extra gas for no good reason.

23. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yes i prefer toyota moreso and honda, but if you do have a good sized family and a lot of traveling i can see the element being better. it is fairly large sized, even if it doesn't look like it form the exterior. the xB is a bit smaller. but with that comes better mpg.

24. adk macrumors 68000

adk

The element is a lot more utilitarian than the scion. The rear seats flip up and clip to the walls to give a cavernous rear cargo area with little to no effort. I'm pretty sure a washable floor and seats is also an option. It's an incredibly versatile vehicle and most people fall in love with it once they get past the boxy shape.
    Then again, there are some areas where the xB beats it. The xB is the obvious choice if you want 4 real doors and it seems to have many better audio options.

In a word, it comes down to the Style vs. Utility debate.

25. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks for everyone's input!