Hondle for your MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rugger88, Dec 5, 2008.

1. rugger88 macrumors newbie

Just got a new MBP. Walked into the Apple store and told the guy it was $1749 at MacMall with rebate. They essentially matched the price though I had to pay the sales tax.

First impression is that this is an awesome notebook. Wife has and older MBP, the form factor of the unibody machine is very nice. I like the glossy screen. The "no button" trackpad is a litte finicky, it's a little hard to double click so I've started double tapping instead, otherwise it's nice how large it is and mult-touch generally works well.

Many are recommending to get the older models which are significantly discounted, but comparing the two side by side, the unibody model wins hands down, especially on aesthetics. Much sleeker and thinner when closed, even though weight is about the same it just feels lighter/smaller. Runs cooler.

Now I gotta prevent her from wanting one too...

2. sal macrumors 6502

trackpad is finicky? you should try the trackpad update via software update. ever since I installed the update, I haven't had any problems with the trackpad.

3. six.four macrumors 6502

I looked it up. "hondle" is not a word. lol.

tax is not worth paying on high price items (10% in chicago)

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Damn, I'd go back and do that if I could :(

BTW, congrats on the computer!

5. rugger88 thread starter macrumors newbie

hondle is certainly a word... yiddish for bargaining. Look it up

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Dang, I thought it was some cool thingamajiggy for my MBP that I was missing
    I wanted one and didn't even know what it was!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I have learned something new today; I, too, had never heard of "hondle" (and I often work as an editor); that's a great word; I'll happily use it in the future.

Cheers and good luck

8. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Hmm, most people use the word "Haggle" in terms of bargaining. I too, have never heard of the word Hondle, then again not many of us here understand yiddish lingo, I don't think we're expected to either.