Honest and Blatant POLL on Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Marcus263, Sep 4, 2009.

?

Snow Leopard Like or Dislike

1. It's Awesome!

81.4%
  2. It totally Sucks ASS!

18.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcus263 macrumors regular

Do you like Snow Leopard, did it work for you? Please vote so we can all see what the score is. There are no grey areas in this poll, it's either like or dislike.

I'm going to vote NO, it totally sucks ass.

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

More options would have been better

As I dont think it is awesome I had to choose it sucks

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I think Snow Leopard is a welcome treat for developers (like myself), if nothing else. For end-users it's a lot snappier, more secure out of the box (though still not perfect), and lays a solid foundation for the future - all good things in my book.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

LOVE IT. It will only get better with Apple's software updates. It's a new system. Sorry it sux for the OP but not for me. The problem is for people is they are looking at SL as a step higher than 10.5.8, therefore it should be better with NO glitches. It's a complete re-write and many people don't want to acknowledge that as if they are more talented at writing code than Apple. :rolleyes:
    I have 3 Macs with NO issues with SL. I love the new Dock Expose and the subtle UI changes. :D

5. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

What a wonderfully defined set of options.

I voted "awesome" as it certainly does not "suck" anything. Flawless experience on 3 Macs so far. At work and at home.

6. kasakka macrumors 68000

Doesn't suck but hardly awesome. Spaces transitions are a bit choppy but other than that seems to run just like Leopard did - smoothly.

7. Marcus263 thread starter macrumors regular

More options confuse things. A simple two option poll will allow people to decide if they should or should not upgrade. You can't have a partial upgrade, so this poll will make things clear cut.

So nobody else thinks it sucks ass?

8. megatronbomb macrumors regular

megatronbomb

Hasn't this been asked and polled to death already?

9. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Many many many times over the last few days

and its always the same outcome/responses:eek:

10. Marcus263 thread starter macrumors regular

It probably has, but with a **** tone of bias... Like the joker who created a poll with all options for Snow Leopard.

11. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

bias is whats keeps this forum running

apple could have released the very first test version of SL into the wild and people would say its awesome

12. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

What, are suppose to agree with you or give our own answer? :rolleyes:

It's posts like yours that scare people away from wanting to upgrade. If you're gonna create a poll and give your opinion, please don't influence other people's posts. :p

13. Rainier42 macrumors member

+1 on SL. Excellent upgrade ... no fuss, no muss.

14. Macmel macrumors 6502

That's not what they are asking. You could have said all that of Vista, but in the end, it did not deliver. The question is, as of now, is SL doing what is expected to do? Can you feel any improvement or your system is working worse than before? Should you have waited for version .1 or .2 for installation?
    Should Apple have tested it more thoroughly and maybe delay the release?

We all know is going to be great in the future when all the bugs are corrected and apps are rewritten to take advantage of the new features. Vista also improved with time and right now it works well, but has not changed the fact that it was a piece of **** in the beginning.

15. gorjan macrumors 6502

I don't see an difference between SL and Leopard. Leopard never cashed and ran great, so does SL. I don't regret buying SL, but I certainly don't feel like I got a new OS.

16. Thomas Davie macrumors 6502

Insufficient options, hence a disingenous poll. It's a vast improvement upon Leopard, but of course the niggling bugs are present in the 10.x.0 release.

I've got 2 small complaints; some software is broken that I use; already though I've found istat menue has been updated and Neooffice is patched. The second complaint is that I am getting beach balls where under Leopard I got *zero*.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.