Hong Kong Model and Applecare

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by likegadgets, Oct 16, 2009.

1. likegadgets macrumors 6502

I have my AT&T 3GS. I often travel to Asia and now that I can get a 3GS unlocked in Hong Kong I plan to buy one so I could use local SIM cards wherever I go without Jailbreaking or unlocking.

My question is if I can buy Applecare in the US and add it to the Hong Kong model. I am aware that the warranty is only for service in Hong Kong as will the Applecare - but the Hong Kong airport does not stock a local retail Applecare, and Apple online in Hong Kong does not appear to ship to the US.

Anyone knows or have tried to enter a Hong Kong serial with a Applecare purchased in the US?

Thanks

2. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

You might want to check purchasing Apple Care though HK eBay. It is usually cheaper and they will simply send your a link to register your phone.

PS: How much is the factory unlocked iPhone at the HK airport?

3. likegadgets thread starter macrumors 6502

Last I check around $900 US for a 32GB. Will not be there again for 2 weeks.
    I used to buy the applecare at ebay - but once I got an item stolen, but insured. Once I got the replacement Apple refused to transfer or refund unused Applecare because it had not been purchased from authorized dealer