Hooked up Printer to the Mac through Airport-Printing very small

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RickR, Jul 5, 2007.

1. RickR macrumors member

I just hooked up a new MacBook Pro today and hooked it up to a network through a Airport Extreme Base Station. I hooked up a Canon Pixma MP510 printer to the base station.

Everything seemed to go fine with this setup until I printed. I printed a web page from Safari and also a word document from Microsoft Word for Mac. Both of them came out very small. The web page took up only around a half of the page or less vertically and horizonally. It's like the whole image was compressed 100% almost to the point that it was impossible to see pictures or read the text. It was the same way with Word. I have another setup where I have a different printer through a base station and on a MacBook Pro and have never had this problem. Any idea of what's causing this?

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

Try Reset Printing System, a menu choice in Printer Setup Utility. Then restart the Mac and then re-Add the printer in Printer Setup.

3. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Check any options like "Fit to page" weren't selected, otherwise it'll compress all the data onto one page.

4. remora macrumors newbie

I had a similar problem with a Canon MP600 and have been advised by the Canon support techs that the printer is not supported over a network. To do so you should consult a network technician. Seems like Canon implemented its Mac configuration to suit itself not its users.:mad: