Hooking A macbook to a TV via DVI port

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kenrickxb, Jan 30, 2011.

1. kenrickxb macrumors newbie

So I'm trying to use play movies on my TV through my Macbook Black via a DVI cable and can't get any picture whatsoever to appear on the TV. The TV is a few years old, it's a JVC I'Art PRO AV36DF74 Direct Digital view TV. The Digital in port is DVI and it doesn't have a HDMI port to connect to. I purchased an Apple Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter and DVI-D to DVI-D cable to hook it to the TV. When it's all hooked up and I switch the Tv screen to the Digital in I get nothing, just a big blue nothing. What am I doing wrong?

It should be noted that I am really not tech savvy, but this doesn't seem like it should be this complicated.

2. simsaladimbamba

Is you background set to blue? Have you taken a look at System Preferences > Displays >> Arrangement to see, if the external TV is recognised?
    Have you grabbed a window and dragged it around the MB's screen to see if it might show up on the TV?

Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

3. iAppleMacBook macrumors newbie

4. kenrickxb thread starter macrumors newbie

yes I went into displays and it does recognize that it's connected to another device just no picture shows up. Unfortunately I don't have another TV to hook it to.