Hooking iphone up to car question?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by adrake86, Dec 9, 2008.

1. adrake86 macrumors regular

I have a adapter in my car it is called a PIE adapter where I can hook my ipod up to it and control it through the factory stereo it works great anywayz it is not the standard audio hook up that goes into a headphone jack instead this hooks up to an ipod in the spot the same cable you use to charge and sync the iphone / ipod. My girlfriend had the same thing in her car and a older iphone not 3g and hooked it up and it kind of made the iphone freakout for a couple of days and she had to reset it factory restore. So I am kind of scared about doing this but has anyone else out there actually done it? I know it will work if you hook it up to headphone jack but I don't have that.

Thanks.

2. savar macrumors 68000

savar

That sounds weird. If the connector is built by a reputable company, it shouldn't fry your iphone or mess it up in any way. The 3g won't charge on most car adapters, but you should be able to play music over the dock connector.

Edit: I just looked up PIE on-line... not sure if it's something I would trust or not. I'm just not familiar with the brand. I have a Pioneer brand head unit and Pioneer's own ipod interface, and it works fine.