Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

originalcliche

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Hey everyone

First off this forum has been really helpful to me for my questions as a first time mac user and I appreciate all the help you have given me.

Now I have a question, I have a 17' LCD monitor for my PC, which just died dude to a power surge...... and I would love to hook it up to my Macbook since its being used now as a paperweight. Since it is not Widescreen would it be worth it? Or will the screen have some weird resolution since my macbook is widescreen? I know its only a 4 inch difference but I mix music via Logic and need all the real estate on a screen that I can get . I know i have to get a mini dvi to vga convertor if such a thing exsist but please tell me if its possible and where i might have to change resolution settings? This is just going to be a temp fix until i get a sexy 22 inch widescreen. Thanks guys

JSchwage

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2006
Rochester, NY
It will work perfectly. Mac OS X is really good about connecting external displays. I connected up my 17" Apple CRT to my MacBook and it works perfectly. You can adjust the resolution of your second display to whatever you want and you can change the arrangement of the display so you can choose where you want to move your cursor to to get to the second display.

originalcliche

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
It will work perfectly. Mac OS X is really good about connecting external displays. I connected up my 17" Apple CRT to my MacBook and it works perfectly. You can adjust the resolution of your second display to whatever you want and you can change the arrangement of the display so you can choose where you want to move your cursor to to get to the second display.

Awsome thanks 4 your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.