Hooking my Macbook to a Phillips LCD??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nmw2383, Feb 3, 2011.

1. nmw2383 macrumors newbie

I just bought a new Philips LCD TV. I want to hook my macbook up to it so I can watch movies. I bought the Dynex mini-DVI to S-video cord. When I plug it in to the mac, the screen on the mac gets larger, but nothing is on the TV. I have tried both Video 1 and Video 2. I have tried selecting the mirror option and no luck. I have searched the web and nothing has been helpful. Can someone please give me some helpful advice????

2. nmw2383 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I have already seen this post. And if you had read my post you would have noticed that I said I searched the web. Nothing has been useful so far, including the thread you have given me. That is why I posted this to see if anyone could help beyond that information.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

First, there's no way to know in advance what you've read and what you haven't. Also, this forum is filled with posts by people who "searched" and missed the answers that someone else finds in seconds. If you choose to be critical of those who attempt to help, you can find your own answers.

4. nmw2383 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was not being critical. And I am sorry if I came across that way. I was just trying to assure you that I was not someone who is not too lazy to do my research before posting. So I apologize if that sounded rude, as it was not intended that way. I have been searching endlessly and just cannot find the right answer.

5. nmw2383 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am just noticing that your first reply was not directly saying "search before you post." That threw me off a bit too.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

And I assure you I'm not someone who's too lazy to read a post.
    That's my signature. It appears on every post I make.

7. nmw2383 thread starter macrumors newbie

Again, my apologies that I sounded rude. I didn't mean for it to sound that way.

8. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Why try to connect through S-Video? If your TV is brand new, I'm betting it has HDMI. DVI to HDMI is what you need. The link GGStudios posted will have the information on how to do that.