Hooking up a second monitor to iMac 27"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by CarloUK, Feb 17, 2013.

1. CarloUK macrumors member

CarloUK

Hi

Any one hooked up another Apple cinema display to their 27" 2012 680MX yet
    I am thinking of doing it mainly for Lightroom/Photoshop.

Just wondering how its done and the performance or any issues

Thanks

2. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I am interested as well.

I currently have a 27" ATD that I use for my MBA. My MBA is my "corporate machine" and the only one that attaches to my corporate network. Attaching the ATD gives me the ability to affectively work from home whenever possible.

My new iMac is on it's way... and my first iMac with TB. It will sit imediately next to my ATD so I will be able to "dual use" my ATD. I'll connect it to my new iMac when I have large projects such as Aperture.

I suspect the performance will be fine... but I do not know for sure. I do look forward to having the dual screen setup on my new iMac.

/Jim

3. CarloUK thread starter macrumors member

CarloUK

Ok great please report back how it goes
    Carlo

4. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I have the ATD hooked up to my imac and its great running LR in dual mode esp when it comes to previews.

[​IMG]

5. Aqueous macrumors member

I'm running the 30" ACD and it is fantastic. The $99 adapter pissed me off though. I've never had this much screen real estate in my life - 27+30.

I honestly couldn't tell you if the performance has suffered. I used the computer for a couple weeks without the 30" and now for a couple weeks with it. Can't say I've noticed a difference.

I push my machine pretty hard too, right now running LR4, CS6, Make MKV, Handbrake, Cyberduck, Safari, Mail, Address, iCal, Quickbooks, and Quicktime. Haven't rebooted in a week either... :)