Hooray for honest people

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by foidulus, Dec 24, 2007.

1. foidulus macrumors 6502a

There still are honest people in this world, as unfortunately hard as that is to believe.

I accidentally dropped my iPhone in the Atlanta airport only about 2 weeks after I bought the stupid thing!:eek: Fortunately, someone honest picked it up and emailed me about it instead of hawking it on ebay. She mailed it to me and in return I told her I would donate the amount I would have spent on a new one to charity. She picked cancer research, so I donated $400 to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle Washington.

Anyone else have stories about people being honest when they really don't have to be?

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I have a lot of stories of me being honest when I don't have to be, and every single time, without fail it has bitten me on the arse.

Good you got your phone back, and congrats to you for such a nice gesture. :D

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Nice guys finish last huh....oh well at least you tried right.

Bless

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Actually I do. While flying to Utica NY I got some bright idea that I would help the check in process along by keeping my ID in my back pocket. Mind you, my photo on my driver's license shows a woman who is no longer recognizable to me. It is a bad photo because the subject was fugly not because it was your standard DMV photo. But me and my bright idea to outsmart the check in folk (at Syracuse I was asked to show my ID around every turn). So I left my ID in my back pocket and got off at O'hare for my layover. Got back on and got home. As I was standing there I discovered my license was gone! Horrified about the potential issues this could cause my own personal self involvement immediately went to the fact that someone would see that photo! I was waiting for the day it'd turn up on myspace or something!

A year later I get some random envelope sent to me....it's my license! Only a return address that reversed to a small airline and nothing else. I was stoked.

While many would not think much can be done with just a copy of an ID there is a lot I could personally do with such information that would be of great financial gain to me so yes, thank God for honest people!

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I'm amazed that you were flying from Syracuse to Utica via Chicago. :)