Hope Apple adds this to Reminders

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Eldiablojoe, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

I like Reminders, and have been using them with increasing frequency. I like how I can set alerts for a certain date and time, or for a certain place.

But, when I go to set an alert for a certain place, I only see two options: Current location as determined by GPS, or a location accessible via Contacts.

I hope in future updates, Apple lets you direct input an actual physical address and / or an intersection, or maybe even a more vague description like "Apple Store, Irvine."

2. Manzanas macrumors member

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

4. noty macrumors member

noty

Yes, I would like to see reminders integrated with the maps app so use can just choose your location from there.

I'd also like to see the custom repeat feature found in iCal added to reminders. Right now the repeat option are kind of limited.

5. pmcdn macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'd like it to get tighter on the location reminders. I've kept one to remind me of something when I arrive at my house. Over the weeks, it reminds me when I am about to pull up in the driveway, walk into the house, which is great, but sometimes it reminds me like 6 miles from my house. I like it, but it could be made to be a little more location specific.

6. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Yeah - wish I can just pull up the map and pick a point where I wanted to be reminded instead of having to add the local grocery stores into my contact list.

7. Soonu macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I had the same problem with the reminders app and in this case I created an app to add a location based contact to my address book.

Maybe it could help you, too! :cool:

My app calls "Location Contact" and is available in the app store!

itunes.apple.com/app/location-contact/id499052996

thanks
    marcus

8. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

How about letting you sort tasks by date and/or priority first?

Let's tackle the basic functions of what a reminders app should do before adding bells and whistles.

9. Bear macrumors G3

Maybe you should tell Apple? They have a feedback page.

Another great thing to suggest to Apple.

10. EnzoAmata macrumors regular

EnzoAmata

You get the option to be reminded, everyday, month so on - I'd like the option to choose shorter periods like - every two days. I'm going to submit this as a feature to Apple.

11. EnzoAmata macrumors regular

EnzoAmata

...what would be nice is if Apple offered also a web interface for the new Mountain Lion Apps within the iCloud site - as we won't always have our Apple products with us.

12. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

....and latitude & longetude. These are by far they most accurate way of location/navigating.;)