Hope Apple makes lightning port connected EarPods

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 3rdiguy, Jan 8, 2015.

1. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

As the title states, I really hope Aplle can do this for next-gen in-ear earphones. If they happen to get include noise cancellation in a tiny package that connects to lightning port that would be awesome!

2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Why? What if you want to charge your phone and listen to music at the same time?

What is it with people who want Apple products to get worse? Same thing with folks justifying the Macbook Air with one USB port. Gahh.

3. Sheza macrumors 68000

Sheza

Use the 3.5mm jack, I suppose.

4. JoeyD74 macrumors 6502

What would be the benefit of this?

5. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

I'm sure there will be a y-adapter that will allow you to do both simultaneously.

6. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

But, again.. why? Why make things more complicated? It works the way it is. There's no reason to change it. There's no benefit to changing it.

7. 3rdiguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I'm talking about next gen in-ears that would have noise cancellation. So having lightning connection would power that.

8. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I am not so sure Apple would bundle noise reduction earbuds with every iPhone sold. That certainly would be a premium feature and as Apple is prone to do, would sell them separately at a premium price. Perhaps such an offering would be under the Beats branding.

But hey, you never know.

9. 3rdiguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I meant in-ears that they would sell separately like the older ones they used to sell. Not pack-ins

10. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

I can see the benefit if they are noise cancelling. It would help keep the size down by not having to have the functionality built into the EarPods. There may be other reasons that it would be appropriate that are beyond my working knowledge of audio design.

11. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I bet they will be under the beats branding. EOD same deal.

12. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Pardon my lack of faith but I've never worn noise canceling headphones that don't make the music sound like ****.

If Apple proves me wrong, great! My main fear is that they'll get rid of the standard headphone jack and make us use yet another stupid dongle.

13. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

Well, other than listening to some Bose headphones for a few minutes I've never really listened to noise canceling headphones. I have zero reason to want such a product. My post had nothing to do with whether or not noise canceling headphones sounded good or not. If you're in the market for those obviously SQ is secondary.