Hope it's not too late - Leopard suggestion

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DCBass, Jun 23, 2007.

1. DCBass macrumors 6502

This is just an open suggestion for Apple:

-------
    Please make the iLife media browser accessible to all apps through the "open file" dialog. There are several instances when I'd like to attach pictures to something, such as attaching them to a gmail message, or posting an image on the internet, but I cannot access images in iPhoto through the open dialog. There's still time to put this into Leopard I hope. If not, then hopefully through a software update??? Otherwise, I'm looking forward to everything Leopard has to offer.
    -------

Does anyone else have any small or simple suggestions/requests for Apple now that they've shown all their cards?

Better yet, anyone have an elegant solution for my simple problem above? Seems to me that sort of thing should be easier.

Thanks,

DCBass

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Spotlight is built into the Open dialogue box. Since the iLife apps are all indexed (well, they should be by default), you could work around your problem by using that feature for the moment. :)

3. DCBass thread starter macrumors 6502

That is cool, except I am not in the habit of naming my pictures. Besides, even iPhoto albums show up in the search.

4. lamadude macrumors 6502

That is definitely a feature we need, right now I go to Iphoto and drag the picture I need to the desktop. It works, but it's still not as simple as it has been in windows for many years.